Spring is finally here in Kentucky after a long, long winter. What better way to enjoy the nice weather than to drive with the top-down? Some of you may not be convinced so we’ve compiled a short list of debunked convertible myths for your reading enjoyment.
- Convertible cars aren’t safe-Increased stability and handling alongside advanced safety features makes a convertible just as safe as a sedan. Plus, the 2013 Camaro convertible comes standard with a rear vision camera and park assist.
- Hard to Manage- The 2014 Corvette Stingray converts on the go. With the push of a button the convertible top can retract while the car is in motion.
- Not enough room-While most convertibles are also known to be coupes, the Camaro and Camaro SS convertibles have enough room for 4 people to enjoy the drive.
- Gas-guzzlers- High fuel economy prices have forced drivers to start thinking practical. However, the 2013 Camaro and Corvette convertibles achieve 28 and 26 MPG on the highway, respectively.
- Lack practicality- Anyone who says this clearly hasn’t driven with the top down on a beautiful day. It’s great for relationships or anyone who likes to clear their head with a nice drive.
If you still have concerns about driving a convertible, stop by our dealership and give it a test drive. We’re enjoying the weather here at Hutch Chevrolet so stop in to drive away in a new convertible today!